History of T&C Robinson
The family run firm of T&C Robinson was originally founded in 1905 by Mr. Tom Robinson, a farmer’s son from Rutland who served his saddlery apprenticeship in the Lincolnshire village of Billinghay.
He became the village saddler and with the help of his two sons and local man Joe Vickers, who stayed with the firm for over 60 years, the business grew and expanded and their reputation spread into the surrounding areas.
After the War a partnership was formed between father, Tom, and son, Charles, and the firm is still known today as T&C Robinson. Indeed, to many customers they are known simply and affectionately as T&C’s.
Charles and his wife Clarice continued to expand and develop the firm. They modernised the old village workshop and adapted their service to not only specialise in heavy horse harnesses but also to provide saddlery requirements for all types of horses and for riders in particular.
T&C Robinson has become well respected furthur afield, specialising in the finest quality bespoke saddlery and bridle work. The firm also undertake repairs of every description and have a Country Clothing & Leather Goods store in Stamford.
Charles died in 1989 and the business continued to maintain the high standard which customers had come to expect, with Clarice running the firm assisted by her son John, a qualified Master Saddler, and daughter Anne, who joined the business having formerly been a buyer with Harrods of London.
2015 saw the closure of the shop at Billinghay and Peter, a forth generation of the Robinson family, has now stepped up along side his father John to join the business and to take the saddlery side forward.
So from their small beginnings early in the century, T&C Robinsons are still going strong, albeit with a new beginning… They’re going back to their roots!